Dublin Methodist Hospital is an 80-bed acute care facility within the OhioHealth system. Like most hospitals across the US, Dublin was struggling with managing the implant vendor delivery process.
1. High lost instrument spend
2. Disproportionate time spent managing vendors
3. Overtime pay for SPD staff to process vendor trays
4. Low vendor compliance with established processes
Dublin partnered with Casechek in the Spring of 2017 and experienced significant improvement across the board. Here are the results from June 2017 to May 2018:
“OhioHealth wanted to enhance and streamline processes for implant supplier communication, case coordination, and traceability of vendor owned inventory. Time previously spent by our clinical teams managing surgical implant inventory has now been redirected to support patient- centered initiatives.”
- Nikki Ross, OhioHealth System Director, Sterile Processing